Unsettled–Pencil Drawing on Paper

The graphite drawing below is based on feelings that I have been having many times in the past. I used to hate where I was in life, I was n...

The graphite drawing below is based on feelings that I have been having many times in the past. I used to hate where I was in life, I was not successful and happy - it seemed like time was passing me by.

 

 

I struggled with these feelings for a long time, and expressed them outwardly through my artwork.

Of course today I am quite content with where I am, and very happy. But, I am glad I recorded this in this artwork. It shows me where I was, and what I have become. It is a very real representation of my mind at that moment. This is what, I think, true art is all about, delving into the deepest ridges of the human psyche.

 

Pencil Drawing on Bristol Paper


Unsettled
9” by 12”
Psychological Art
By Graham Matthews


In this original pencil drawing, the lines and forms are in a very chaotic pattern. They are going in all directions, with seemingly no place to “rest”. Some parts look like they are trying to get organized and connected, especially the forms partly swirling in the top part of the composition. The shapes at the very bottom appear to be just coming “on the scene” in a type of rescue attempt to bring order to chaos

The drawing captures an instant, a moment in time, almost like a photograph would. You can imagine, by looking at it, that the shapes would be in a completely different pattern if that “snapshot” had been taken even minutes later.

The question is, would it be more orderly… or chaotic?

 

ArtProMotivate - Art Advice, Tips, and Tricks

 

Please visit and follow my new blog at Artpromotivate to get great advice and tips, that I am freely sharing, on promoting your art all across the internet - and everywhere else!

Thank-you for reading! If you have any comments you will like to share, please post them below.

COMMENTS

BLOGGER: 1
Loading...
Name

abstract acrylic painting art competitions art diary art prints art promotion articles boats drawing fishery icebergs inspiration newfoundland news oil painting paintings pet painting photography portraits progress rock painting seascape surreal tutorials update wildlife art
false
ltr
item
Graham Matthews: Unsettled–Pencil Drawing on Paper
Unsettled–Pencil Drawing on Paper
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiUCwjyHPPHAdocGf97Wp2r9xppri5-7wSLWeG6wW3E01QsY7Gaw7BC0SbHRTIJfLGd1ZEsFCWwxzSHI8sJl7gTkPp0ij9yZsHIWuwdAWHK9X2jVb6jtFLZoR9XGddJj76PnhXFumzgbHQ/s400/unsettled_pieces_swirl_art_image_squiggle.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiUCwjyHPPHAdocGf97Wp2r9xppri5-7wSLWeG6wW3E01QsY7Gaw7BC0SbHRTIJfLGd1ZEsFCWwxzSHI8sJl7gTkPp0ij9yZsHIWuwdAWHK9X2jVb6jtFLZoR9XGddJj76PnhXFumzgbHQ/s72-c/unsettled_pieces_swirl_art_image_squiggle.jpg
Graham Matthews
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/2011/12/unsettledpencil-drawing-on-paper.html
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/2011/12/unsettledpencil-drawing-on-paper.html
true
6749287200691343455
UTF-8
Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy