It Hasn't Been Easy Talking about my Art

I have struggled with speaking about my paintings, but I'm changing that.

In the past, it hasn't been an easy thing for me to talk about my art. I often struggled and wrestled with verbalizing some of the concepts I have worked on. Some were even of such a personal nature, that I felt I was sharing too much of myself if I tried to explain them.
Graham Matthews Art



I am certainly trying to change that! I realize that if I am putting it out there, I have to at least give some frame of reference to guide the perception of my art. I know I don't have to go into detail (and I shouldn't), but there's lots I can say to explain some of my paintings and drawings. This is one of the things I am trying to do with this blog. So I decided to create a new tag, to organize some of these posts - art diary -which will be sort of a journal of my journey with my art and how I am dealing with some of my struggles.

I'm putting my work out there in a honest, comfortable manner. I am gradually adjusting myself to writing about my drawings and paintings, without just splurging it all out at once. I am in a stage in my life where I am rebuilding again anyway, so I would like to bring some of that in this process - and make it fun and enjoyable!

Abstract Art


I will hopefully write here regularly, and maybe even daily. Your support, feedback and encouragement will certainly help with that. Please don't hesitate to make any suggestions anytime, or just leave a simple comment on any post. Ask me any question - I will try to answer in a post if it's answerable.

If you would like to keep up with my posts, you can receive them directly to your email. There's a subscribe button on the top-right of this blog for that.

Anyway, thanks for being here and reading this! I appreciate you and hope you visit here regularly!

COMMENTS

BLOGGER
Name

abstract acrylic painting art competitions art diary art prints art promotion articles boats drawing fishery icebergs inspiration newfoundland news oil painting paintings pet painting photography portraits progress rock painting seascape surreal tutorials update wildlife art
false
ltr
item
Graham Matthews: It Hasn't Been Easy Talking about my Art
It Hasn't Been Easy Talking about my Art
I have struggled with speaking about my paintings, but I'm changing that.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjL8nwqtyv_pmKtbwyANhXK7FiczoAvNFh2wxs0BE1oN8KxMc4JXfK2dqEFfmo5NGmof6wyoeFPRodK8zmRX-uZquNCndFNTo7EMT_U90O6UvJVjFEnuwlxzyGI1ADCeje1KNot45CCUqM/s640/graham-matthews4.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjL8nwqtyv_pmKtbwyANhXK7FiczoAvNFh2wxs0BE1oN8KxMc4JXfK2dqEFfmo5NGmof6wyoeFPRodK8zmRX-uZquNCndFNTo7EMT_U90O6UvJVjFEnuwlxzyGI1ADCeje1KNot45CCUqM/s72-c/graham-matthews4.jpg
Graham Matthews
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/2018/12/it-hasnt-been-easy-talking-about-my-art.html
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/2018/12/it-hasnt-been-easy-talking-about-my-art.html
true
6749287200691343455
UTF-8
Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy