New Painting Series, Themes and Update

Update on my new oil painting series.

Hello to all!

It's been awhile since I have written here. The truth is I have been extremely busy with several projects - putting the finishing touches on a new oil painting series, writing for Artpromotivate, and other to be announced projects. But, the good news is that I am hoping this blog will get very busy real soon. I am hoping to coordinate some of my efforts with places I have been posting my art, such as ArtStack, Facebook, Fine Art America, Redbubble, Society6, and more. I would like to make this blog more of a hub for all the places I have been promoting.



New Oil Painting Series

If you have been following Artpromotivate or Graham Matthews Art on Facebook, you will already know that I have a brand new series of oil paintings. I have been working diligently at these this spring and last winter. I have found the perfect size for myself personally - 9x12" I find that at this size I can complete paintings relatively faster, and work on several paintings at once without taking up too much space.

Subject Matter and Themes

The main theme I have been working on is the Newfoundland fishery. This is a theme that is personal to me from my years of working as a fish plant worker. These paintings depict separate species of fish that I have worked with, such as cod, capelin, mackerel, squid and crab. I also have other paintings based on more personal psychological subject matter.

Stay tuned as I will be displaying, and speaking about some of my new artworks soon. As a sneak peak, there is one displayed here already.

Please subscribe to stay updated! See you soon! :)

COMMENTS

BLOGGER
Name

abstract acrylic painting art competitions art diary art prints art promotion articles boats drawing fishery icebergs inspiration newfoundland news oil painting paintings pet painting photography portraits progress rock painting seascape surreal tutorials update wildlife art
false
ltr
item
Graham Matthews: New Painting Series, Themes and Update
New Painting Series, Themes and Update
Update on my new oil painting series.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgJVC-E3CcGkd__9PHJufgA-rv8L7kqUriy_XM1PHhDCnviINKsxZeopR4Mo6FjYJtFThK-3F9du_4qIRxPLjUQTbMIr_8o3XFFjp1IADCxTjdu605oL9dV5dO4yFK4KUYUt4SdppAL_kM/s1600/fish-landscape-sunset.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgJVC-E3CcGkd__9PHJufgA-rv8L7kqUriy_XM1PHhDCnviINKsxZeopR4Mo6FjYJtFThK-3F9du_4qIRxPLjUQTbMIr_8o3XFFjp1IADCxTjdu605oL9dV5dO4yFK4KUYUt4SdppAL_kM/s72-c/fish-landscape-sunset.jpg
Graham Matthews
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/2013/05/new-painting-series-themes-and-update.html
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/2013/05/new-painting-series-themes-and-update.html
true
6749287200691343455
UTF-8
Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy