Being Thankful to Everyone Including Myself

Learning to be thankful for everything and everyone who has been a part of my life experience so far.

If there's one thing I have learned from my life so far, it is to be thankful for who and where I am. I've learned to look at the positive, and be thankful for the little things. I've also learned to take a step back and look at the larger perspective, and realize things aren't that bad.


Cow painting

That doesn't always come easily though. Glancing through Facebook, it's so easy to be caught up in the perpetrated myth that everyone else's life is better than mine. Nothing could be further from the truth!

The truth about Facebook, Instagram and other social platforms is that people only share themselves at the best of times. We often don't see the failing test grades, bad hair days, burnt meals and other failures and disappointments that all of us experience.

People are used to seeing the near perfect looking filtered selfies, well prepared meals and tales of successes. People project themselves as happy and successful, while most of them are lonely and unsatisfied with life.


Owl Painting


Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying all of social media is this way - but much of it is!

Looking at all this, it's natural to think that our own lives are not as great, or wish that we could be as cool or good looking - or have an amazing relationship like those who shared their latest family photos.

The truth is that in this, we are creating a false image outside of ourselves of what we desire, while we forget about what we already have.

I've learned from looking back at where I've been and what I've experienced that who we are and what we have, no matter what it is or lack thereof, is enough. The reason it is enough is simply that we are alive at this moment, and we have gotten here in spite of those things we think we lack.

We spend so much time wishing we could be better, while forgetting about that person who has gotten us to this point - who has been there through the pain, hardship and struggles.

That is ourselves!


Chick painting


Through my own struggles, I have come to realize that I am good enough just the way I am, and to be thankful for that.

I am the one who has seen my struggles and pain, and still loved myself enough to keep living - not only that, but try to become a better person!

So to summarize, thank-you to me for getting me here, and thank-you to everyone else for getting me here as well!

If you enjoyed this post, please check out:
Create Something Better
Being Lonely

COMMENTS

BLOGGER
Name

abstract acrylic painting art competitions art diary art prints art promotion articles boats drawing fishery icebergs inspiration newfoundland news oil painting paintings pet painting photography portraits progress rock painting seascape surreal tutorials update wildlife art
false
ltr
item
Graham Matthews: Being Thankful to Everyone Including Myself
Being Thankful to Everyone Including Myself
Learning to be thankful for everything and everyone who has been a part of my life experience so far.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiCiZ7vAowD3fl5yfucqVxvkX_Y9gSDrvQURekif1dH-C_m_WUmn5lskptSNqElp259W-pV-UPh9OeHzAtiazSoW61gjsYh8931niT5Hkvqh6_998RzLxI1j7CF4AIPFV_bhH5UGAubn0k/s640/cow-painting.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiCiZ7vAowD3fl5yfucqVxvkX_Y9gSDrvQURekif1dH-C_m_WUmn5lskptSNqElp259W-pV-UPh9OeHzAtiazSoW61gjsYh8931niT5Hkvqh6_998RzLxI1j7CF4AIPFV_bhH5UGAubn0k/s72-c/cow-painting.jpg
Graham Matthews
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/2018/12/being-thankful-to-everyone-myself.html
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/
https://grahammatthewsart.blogspot.com/2018/12/being-thankful-to-everyone-myself.html
true
6749287200691343455
UTF-8
Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy